Travel by bus, tram or coach
There are various ways to travel to The University of Manchester by coach, bus or tram.
National Express coaches serve over 1,200 destinations across the UK from the Chorlton Street Coach Station, which is near Piccadilly railway station and a short walk from both University campuses.
You can contact the Chorlton Street Coach Station by telephone on +44 (0) 8705 808 080.
Directions to Sackville Street campus
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Directions to Oxford Road campus
Walk to Whitworth Street as above and catch the Magic 147 bus to the Oxford Road area of the campus.
- Find out more about National Express coaches.
megabus serve a number of destinations across the country from Shudehill Interchange, the Trafford Centre and Corporation Street.
- Find out more about megabus coach travel.
Bus and tram
There are local bus services running throughout the Greater Manchester area, together with the Metrolink tram service.
Free bus service
The Magic 147 bus offers free travel for University of Manchester staff and students between the Sackville Street and Oxford Road areas of the campus.
External services to the Oxford Road area of the campus include:
- Buses from Piccadilly Bus Station: 14, 16, 41, 42, 43, 43a, 44, 45a, 48, 111, 140, 142, 157, 250.
- Buses from Oxford Road Station: All buses that run along Oxford Road.
- Buses from Cross Street outside Boots the Chemist: 47, 87, 50, 143, 197, 291.
- Buses from Manchester Airport: 43a, 45a.
- Bus from Piccadilly Train Station: 147.
- Bus from Victoria Station: 42.
- Bus from Shudehill Interchange: 18.
- Tram: Alight at St Peter's Square and walk or catch a bus down Oxford Road.
Services to the Sackville Street area of the campus include:
- Tram (Metrolink) – various lines to Piccadilly station, which is a short walk away.
- Buses along London Road: 107, 192, 196, 201, 203, 204, 205, 206, 373.
- Bus along Sackville Street: 140.
For information on bus and tram timetables, services and saver tickets within Greater Manchester, visit the Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) website.